This guide is designed to break down the transfer procedure into easily followed steps, and to maximise site uptime. This assumes that you have already purchased a suitable hosting package, or that you currently have an active
1) Add a reference. A reference allows our system to direct traffic for an external that you own or control.
- From your Customer Area, go to 'Manage> Names' from the right-hand menu
- Select 'Web Hosting References'.
- Enter your new and hit 'Add Reference' Note: take the form example.com. Do not include subdomains (e.g. www).
2) Assign your package to the reference.
- Go to 'Manage>Web Hosting' from the right-hand menu.
- Assign your unused package to the newly created reference.
- The new package will take approximately one hour to fully complete setup.
As a :
Go to step 3 below.
1) Add a reference. A reference allows our system to direct traffic for an external that you own or control (i.e. one not already with Planet HippoF package. If downtime is not a concern, you do not need to set up a reference, simply transfer in the and set up a package from there.
- From your Control Centre, go to the ' References' section.
- Enter your new and hit 'Add Reference'. e.g. If your is webhosting.com, that is exactly what you would enter.
The system can now 'handle' your .
2) Add hosting to your .
- From your Control Centre go to 'Configure Hosting Packages'.
- Set up a package ( or Windows) with all the features you would like to include.
- Return to your Control Centre, then go to 'Add Hosting Accounts'.
- Select your newly created reference from the top drop-down, and your new package from the bottom drop-down, then hit 'Activate Hosting'.
- Your new package will typically take around an hour to set up.
3) Transferring your to your new package.
- your (and , if included) from your old provider. We recommend doing this via , Filezilla ( :// ://filezilla-project.org/) is an excellent choice of client.
- From your Customer Area or Control Centre, select your new package from the 'Access Planet Hippo Web Hosting ' drop-down.
- Look on the right, take note of your details ( , password, address of ).
- Unlock permanently by , for a suitable period of time.
- your using the credentials you noted down.
- If your site contains a , go to the ' ' section of PH CP, create a new , then use our integrated tool to it (note: Do not use , it has a 2mb size limit which will stop you ).
- Mailboxes, if required, can also be set up within Planet Hippo CP.
- Your site should now be ready to go.
4) Update your 's to point at us, they are as follows:
Your site will automatically begin working, once your changes have propagated.
5) Transfer your , the process varies, depending upon type.
uk : Ensure that the tag has been set to PLANETHIPPO. Speak to your current provider about this. The tag is what associates a with a specific provider.
eu : A confirmation request will be sent to the billing handle for your - this will normally be set to your provider, in which case no further action is required from yourself.
gTLD (.com/.net/.org/.name) : First, you will need to contact your current registrar, and ensure that the is unlocked. You should also request the transfer auth code (sometimes known as the EPP). Finally, ensure that the 's administrative contact address is set to a that you have access to. Once the transfer request is made, An will then be sent from the registry (opensrs/tucows) to the administrative contact address. This contains the necessary instructions to authorise the transfer. Transfers take a maximum of seven days to complete from point of authorisation.
To request a transfer, follow the steps below:
- From your Planet Hippo , Click 'Order>Transfer a ' from the right-hand menu.
- Enter the of your in the box at the bottom, then click 'Start Transfer' .
- This will place the in your basket; this is accessible from the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Click 'Checkout Now'.
- Scroll to the bottom and click 'order'
- Click 'Agree'.
- Click 'Complete Purchase'.